This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Caltrans Sign Hacked With 'Vote Donald Trump'
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- Maybe it's grade-A trolling or from a Donald Trump supporter, but someone reprogrammed a Caltrans sign on the 15 Freeway in Corona to read, "Inland Empire supports Donald Trump. Merry Xmas. Vote Donald Trump."
- Japan had a rare visit from a giant, 12-foot squid in its waters. Try not to be hypnotized as it looks into your soul in this video.
- Critics may be raving about Star Wars: The Force Awakens, but Michael Hiltzik of the L.A. Times is going the unpopular route and wants us to know he thinks it "stinks," an opinion he's giving over 10 days after the film is released.
- Courtney Love and Nasty Gal are teaming up for a new clothing collection. We're crossing our fingers the kinderwhore style is coming back because we have some babydoll dresses we need to dust off.
- If food is on your mind all the time, may we suggest getting yourself a donut purse or salad necklace to take it up a notch?
- The father of Sarah Jones, the 27-year-old camera assistant who was killed on the set of Midnight Rider, is asking a judge that the film's director serve out his entire two-year sentence for involuntary manslaughter.
- Behold, hoverboard gangs, herds, packs—whatever you call it—have arrived.
- Here's a first look at Benedict Cumberbatch as Marvel’s Doctor Strange.
- And lastly, R.I.P. Ian Fraser "Lemmy" Kilmister. As a tribute to the Motörhead frontman, let's end this one with their 1984 track, "Killed By Death":