This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Best LA Post Offices to Mail Your Taxes
Although you don't need to have your taxes postmarked until tomorrow (thanks again, Honest Abe!), those of you who feel the need to haul 200 baby shower invites into the post office oughtta think again - this is stand in line to mail off your taxes time, and unless you are some sadist intent on being glared at by a bunch of your neighbors, come back on Wednesday with your colorful envelopes.
Good Los Angelenos help each other out by doling out free tips as to what Post Offices in town have the shortest lines. Here are some of our favorites. Feel free to provide yours in the comments.
- 5700 Wilshire - Miracle Mile - The Post office in the Snack Shop
- Hollywood & Highland post office on Highland on the ground level of the strip mall
- Wilshire and Virgil - The Chinese-run gift shop on Wilshire that has a post office in the back
- Nice Big Old Post Office at 1615 Wilcox Ave, Hollywood
Here are some other tips. If you had your taxes done at H&R Block or some other agency that provided the 6" x 8" envelopes, that postage is 63 cents.LAist Lifestyle Editor Sloane Berrent has some Westside recommendations for Post Offices:
- Winward Circle, not so much a secret I love it.
- A true gem is the one on 7th Street in SaMo (1653 7th ST Santa Monica, CA 90401-9997) It's a carrier annex and I've dropped off mass mailings for my nonprofit at the very last minute and they literally are loaded onto the truck that minute.
Denny's Street Team Coffee Giveaways
7:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.: Post office at 9029 Airport Blvd., Los Angeles
7:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.: Post office at 10 W Bay State St., Alhambra
8:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.: Post office at 9029 Airport Blvd., Los Angeles
Travel Mug and Coupon Giveaways
11:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.: Westwood Village around Denny's on Tiverton Ave.