An Overview of LA LIVE's Grand Opening
There's so much going on at LA LIVE this week, it's a little hard to keep track of, especially in light of tonight's grand opening. Eric Richardson of blogdowntown has put together a nice overview of what's going on this week. Here are our notes:
- Tonight: While there will be three concerts going on at the Staples Center, Club NOKIA and the new Conga Room, tonight is also the "Light of the Angels" Holiday multi-media show at 7 p.m. that will act as the official opening of the not-so-completely finished complex (the tree lighting will be broadcast on KTLA if you can't make it)
- Food: Starbucks is now open and other than that, ESPN Zone has its official opening to the public this weekend.
- Other Places to Visit: Lucky Strikes Bowling opened a couple weeks ago and the GRAMMY Museum will debut to the public on Saturday.
- Getting There: There are 4,000 parking spaces and it's walkable from a Metro Red & Blue Line station.
- What's Next?: ESPN will soon begin operating out of the studio space, taping shows such as Sportscenter. The 54-story hotel that will house a J.W. Marriott and a Ritz Carlton hotel in addition to 224 condos is close to finishing "vertical construction." It's scheduled to open in 2010.
LA LIVE Map Image via Eric Richardson/blogdowntown