A.M. News: J.Lo & Echo Park, Your Car Insurance & More
"Lopez and producing partner Simon Fields have teamed with the [FX] cable network on the half-hour project 'Echo Park,' a comedic look at the world of yuppie, Latino and hipster cultures within Los Angeles' Echo Park neighborhood." ~ Variety
After Automobile Club of Southern California & USAA dropped zip code-based auto insurance rates, State Farm, the largest auto insurance carrier in California, will cut premiums too.
Lots of Police-Related News:
- LAPD's Crime Offensive on Skid Row Is Slipping
- Laxer drug-use rules for cop recruits fought
- Accidental Gunshots Vex LAPD
- A new life for the coroner's office
- MTA Trains Workers to Be Vigilant for Terrorism
- National Guard helps at airports, including Hope [Hope as in Burbank]
Literally, leave a trail of blood and you just might get caught. LAFD or not.
Have you seen Daily News' Terror in our streets? Maps, Videos, Blogs and more, all about gangs in SoCal.
Blogging.la's David Markland asks "what the hell is happening with the Los Angeles City Council?" Council President Eric Garcetti comments...twice.
The Skirball features an exhibit on the L.A. River "that raises issues about nature and the city." Meanwhile, a boy drowned Tuesday in the river in Glassell Park.