This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- A stinkhole has opened up in Studio City.
- Shout out to the winners of KCET Departures LA River songs contest!
- High school kids are not doing so great on required college prep courses
- After being abandoned on Imperial Highway, three out of seven terriers are now available for adoption.
- Two suspects were arrested for a number of robberies, including some in the Mid-Wilshire area, and police are looking into the possibility of a link to the killing of an MTV music coordinator in the same neighborhood.
- A man robbed a Mid-City area donut shop using a guitar case.
- Someone in Hermosa Beach is peddling Rolex knock-offs -- good ones.