Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- A stinkhole has opened up in Studio City.
- Shout out to the winners of KCET Departures LA River songs contest!
- High school kids are not doing so great on required college prep courses
- After being abandoned on Imperial Highway, three out of seven terriers are now available for adoption.
- Two suspects were arrested for a number of robberies, including some in the Mid-Wilshire area, and police are looking into the possibility of a link to the killing of an MTV music coordinator in the same neighborhood.
- A man robbed a Mid-City area donut shop using a guitar case.
- Someone in Hermosa Beach is peddling Rolex knock-offs -- good ones.