More Mudslides and Road Closures Due to Rainstorm
Although many areas in SoCal might currently be experiencing some blue skies and a welcome break in the rain, we are still in the midst of a weather system that continues to impact homes, roads, and residents all over the greater Los Angeles area.
- Mandatory evacuations of 500 homes were ordered this afternoon for parts of La Cañada-Flintridge, La Crescenta, and Acton. [Full list of impacted addresses available here via .pdf]
- Mudslides have been reported in many Hollywood-area neighborhoods, including the 1400 block of Benedict Canyon, Nichols Canyon, and Muholland Drive west of Coldwater Canyon near Summit Circle [via Twitter].
- Elsewhere in Hollywood, a sinkhole formed at Sunset and Gower, and many businesses on Melrose Avenue were affected by flooding.
- The CHP is reporting a mudslide along Malibu Canyon Road just south of the tunnel, and also "a very large boulder has landed on Las Virgenes Road in Malibu. The Los Angeles Sheriff's Department arrived and attempted to move the boulder, however it was reported too heavy to move. [SoCal Newswire]
- In Orange County, "Ortega Hwy washed out. 74 closed between San Juan Capistrano + Lake Elsinore. CHP reporting roadway completely eroded." [via Twitter]