5 Things to Do in L.A. Tonight
Here's a short but sweet list of what's happening in LA today, from a lit crawl to another installment of LAMVF. Read on for all the details.
- There’s a LitCrawl through the NoHo Arts District from 6-11 pm tonight with more than 12 restaurants, theaters, bars and other venues hosting 23 literary readings and events—all within walking distance from each other.
- Jill Sobule (who “Kissed a Girl”) and John Doe (X, The Knitters) play Largo tonight. Doors at 7 pm and show at 8:30. Tickets: $25.
- The Last Bookstore presents the West Coast book release party, reading and signing for Andrew Demetre’s Drinking and Driving in Ürümqi tonight at 7 pm.
- The LAMVF (Los Angeles Music Video Festival) spotlights the work of video-filmmaker duo Skinny (David Hache and Marc-Edouard Leon) at the Downtown Independent at 8:30 pm. The event is FREE with RSVP at LAMVFSpotlight@gmail.comor $5 at the door.
- Beginning today, StoryCorps’ Airstream trailer will be parked outside the California African American Museum (CAAM) for the next three weeks to collect stories. If you have a story to tell, call StoryCorps’ 24-hour toll-free reservation line at 1-800-850-4406 or visit storycorps.org.
By the way, here's one of our favorite StoryCorps stories with animation by the Rauch Brothers: