Extra, Extra: There's Major Drama At The CA Coastal Commission
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook
- The Producer's Guild of America Awards were held yesterday, and The Big Short won...big.
- Here are some red carpet photos from the PGA Awards. Pretty Zzz, but it's worth mentioning that Michael B. Jordan looks great, and Ray Liotta looks like a corpse.
- Let's get all this Hollywood awards-nonsense over with up front: Julie Delpy is sorry for saying, "I wish I was African American."
- On this day in history: Two years ago, the New York Times Magazine put a picture of Hillary Clinton's face superimposed onto a moon, or something, on their cover. #NeverForget
- A 7.1 magnitude earthquake shook Alaska early Sunday morning; the largest earthquake the state has seen in decades. Maybe God is trying to tell us something.
- In today's most British-y news, Kate Middleton visited the set of Downton Abbey, and it got...sexual?
- The New York Times is on it: many struggling actors moonlight as Uber or Lyft drivers.
- Here's the L.A. Time's Steve Lopez on some d-r-a-m-a at the California Coastal Commission.
- Today would have been Sharon Tate's 73rd birthday. Here she is in the trailer for Valley of the Dolls, her most notorious film: