Extra, Extra: How DJ Khaled Goes Shopping
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- Turns out the Chino Hills Powerball winner is not a nurse as earlier reports said. Her daughter told the the L.A. Times it was a misunderstanding. Relatives told the New York Daily News the nurse's son may have pranked her into believing she won.
- Compton-born Kendrick Lamar will be given the keys to the city by Mayor Aja Brown come Feb 13.
- Nice guy Rick Santorum says he will give the "gift" of deportation to undocumented children born outside of the United States.
- Lakewood, that nondescript South Bay suburb, is actually pretty historically relevant. It was one of America's very first large, fully planned cities.
- Looks like there's hope on Hope Street for a multi-modal and pedestrian future, as downtown Los Angeles welcomes its newest parklet.
- Concertgoers at Elton John's Wiltern show last night were treated the artist paying his tributes to David Bowie.
- Celine Dion's husband passed away Thursday morning at the couple's Las Vegas home. He was 73.
- And now, enjoy this video of DJ Khaled spinning around in a motorized shopping cart:
Eds. note: Earlier reports said that a Pomona nurse won the Powerball, but relatives have since said that it was a misunderstanding. This story has been changed to reflect that.