Extra, Extra: Why Angelenos Don't Vote In City Elections
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- This week the Economist quipped: "The only contest Los Angeles cared about this week shut off part of Hollywood Boulevard for nine days and featured an off-colour song about actresses’ breasts"
- Here's a good explainer that explains at least some of the history about why we don't care quite as much as other cities
- There's a giant dog peeing on a building in Orange County
- Cardinal Mahony said that the Vatican wanted him to attend papal conclave
- Azalea vs. Azealia
- The 405 Freeway could be opened ahead of schedule
- Is this the best break-up video ever?
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).