Extra, Extra: Why Angelenos Don't Vote In City Elections
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- This week the Economist quipped: "The only contest Los Angeles cared about this week shut off part of Hollywood Boulevard for nine days and featured an off-colour song about actresses’ breasts"
- Here's a good explainer that explains at least some of the history about why we don't care quite as much as other cities
- There's a giant dog peeing on a building in Orange County
- Cardinal Mahony said that the Vatican wanted him to attend papal conclave
- Azalea vs. Azealia
- The 405 Freeway could be opened ahead of schedule
- Is this the best break-up video ever?
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).