Extra, Extra: No Tall Buildings Are Allowed Around Disneyland
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- A 99-year-old who won a shopping spree at the Beverly Grove 99 Cent Store. She spent it all making holiday stockings for low-income children.
- Camille Paglia has something to say about Taylor Swift and her squad, including that even writing about her and her "twinkly persona" is a "horrific ordeal."
- In honor of Carol, Bust has a list of 15 other great lesbian movies to watch.
- This is impressive: an artist drew a map of the world with a single line.
- Ben Affleck apparently has a tattoo of a dragon on his back, but he doesn't want us to see it.
- Kate Winslet won an Australian Academy Award for her role in The Dressmaker. She didn't think she'd win, so she recorded an acceptance speech via her phone. Congrats!
- Here's a little sneak peek of the menu at Roy Choi's LocoL.
- U2's The Edge has finally received approval to build his homes along the coast in Malibu.
- Hundreds of mourners went to pay their respects to Yvette Velasco at the first funeral for the victims of the San Bernardino shooting.
- Apparently, developers can't build super tall buildings by Disneyland, in order to preserve the insular magic. A developer said anyone who's building in Anaheim knows about the Disneyland restrictions, but "we're actually happy to do our part in keeping the magic alive in Anaheim and Disneyland."
- And now, here are two adorable kittens taking a nap:
Canción de cuna y a dormir.
Posted by Dalealplay on Tuesday, October 6, 2015