Week Around the Ists
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Londonist checked out a new Banksy mural that had the Brit press engrossed, but spotted it was a fake.
- Phillyist followed up on the story regarding a controversial play about a pedophile by posting a review. Verdict: no child abusers were glorified in the making of this production.
- Torontoist is pawsitive you'll want to see their photos of dogs made up to look like celebrities from Heidi Klum to Billy Joel.
- Shanghaiist found amazing videos of the Danish and United Kingdom pavilions at our world fair.
- Bostonist saw lightning strike the top of the Prudential building and put Big Baby into gear.
- Gothamist found that people go gaga when Lady Gaga goes to her sister's high school graduation or a Mets game where she flips off the papa-paparazzi (and somehow involving Jerry Seinfeld).
- LAist wondered if fake chicken and other meats will become a trend in big chain restaurants.
- Houstonist reflected upon this past weekend's Free Press Summer Fest, including finding a slew of videos from the two-day party in Tinsley Park.
- SFist wept after hearing that the Muni Fast Pass will soon be a thing of the past.
- Chicagoist celebrated (and celebrated and celebrated) the Blackhawks' Stanley Cup victory while a local man chose instead to celebrate former governor Rod Blagojevich with a tattoo.