Week Around the Ists
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- DCist went nuts over some new glamour shots of the National Zoo's adorable clouded leopard cubs.
- Torontoist has something for your architecture nerds: a look at the very best and very worst new buildings in their city, all of which are nominees up for public praising or shaming in this year's Pug Awards.
- Bostonist mixed it up with our nemeses Regretsy and Joe Lieberman.
- Shanghaiist mourned the death of a Chinese man killed by friends that inserted an eel up his ass.
- Chicagoist learned you shouldn't wear a t-shirt with a certain naughty word on it to court or risk getting jailed (but at least you can sue in retaliation).
- LAist learned about the mental health problems that prompted a woman to stab 4 strangers inside the Target in West Hollywood.
- Seattlest responded to the recent arrival of TechCrunch blogger Michael Arrington with the same welcome the rest of our fair city has given him - a resounding "meh."
- Gothamist learned that a car bomb in Times Square, planted by a Connecticut man, was meant to become a dangerous fireball. Thank goodness for vendors, but now Times Square is getting shut down for suspicious ham sandwiches and water coolers.
- Houstonist caught up with former Astro Morgan Ensberg and his quest to become a full-time broadcaster.
- Phillyist took a moment to reflect on assholes at sporting events following tasergate and the next day's copycat field runner.
- SFist talked about another anti-gay leader caught dipping his toes in the homosexual pond.