Week Around the Ists
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Gothamist was on hand for all the Mayor Bloomberg's visit and claim that the park needed to be cleaned to the cleaning's postponement (and violent clashes with police) and yesterday's huge march on Times Square. Musicians like Tom Morello and Amanda Palmer sang to the crowd, and, yes, Kanye West was there.
- SFist watched Occupy SF block the Wells Fargo headquarters and protest Jeb Bush.
- Austinist interviewed OMD's Paul Humphreys and checked out OMD's show.
- Chicagoist went behind the scenes to cover the building of the Chicago area's newest haunted house.
- DCist readers finally found an action of the D.C. Council they could rally behind: giving restaurants and bars the go-ahead to start serving alcohol at 8 a.m. on Sundays and certain retailers the right to sell booze until midnight.
- Shanghaiist was horrified by video footage of a two-year-old toddler getting run over by two vehicles, then ignored by everybody but a trash collector.
- We learned that Forbes thinks we live in the most stressful city in the country.