This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
3rd Storm Continues Today (It's Worse), Chance of More Rain Over Weekend & Next Week
Yesterday's storm is still with us today, bringing us more of the same, possibly with worse weather conditions as our low pressure system--meaning we're more susceptible to inclement weather--continues to drop, nearing the a record set back on January 27th in 1988. Because of the heightened intensity, there is more chance of tornadoes and water spouts off the coast... and, of course, pouring rain, mudslides and all the other weather-related drama.
As for rainfall, we're looking at one to two inches in the valleys and coastal areas and two to four inches in the mountains. Snow levels will be at 5,000 feet with 10 to 20 inches dropped today. High temperatures will be in the mid to upper 50s and then drop into the low 40s tonight.
A coastal flood warning and a high surf advisory are in effect, lasting through Friday morning, when showers are likely again (70% chance throughout the whole day), according to the National Weather Service. Friday night will be cloudy with a 50% chance of rain. Saturday will see decreasing clouds overhead with a 20% chance of rain. Then Saturday night through Monday, we should see a break in the rain before a 30% chance of rain looms over us on Monday night through Tuesday. On Tuesday night, a 20% of chance of rain before things start calming on Wednesday.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.