Trump's Visit Today Will Stall Traffic In DTLA And Beverly Hills
So uh... we're getting... a visitor today. We'll give you a hint: He lives in a BIG WHITE HOUSE.
Did you get it? That's right, our very own President Donald J. Trump is landing in Los Angeles, the second stop on what the Los Angeles Times reports is a two-day visit to the state. Trump is in our neck of the woods for a fundraiser in Beverly Hills hosted by real estate executive Geoffrey Palmer, according to CNBC.
As with any presidential visit, traffic is going to be a cluster. The following is a list of areas that, according to the Los Angeles Police Department, will likely have major traffic slowdowns. We suggest doing your best to avoid these areas.
Tuesday, September 17
2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- The area around North Spring Street between South Avenue 18 and Alpine Street
- The area around West College Street between North Main Street and Figueroa Terrace
- The area around Stadium Way between Lilac Terrace and Bishops Road
- The area around Wilshire Boulevard between the 110 Harbor Freeway and South Flower Street
GET THE BEST OF LAIST IN YOUR INBOX
Sign up for our daily newsletter to receive the latest on local politics, food, culture and the absurdities of L.A. life.
4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- The area around Wilshire Boulevard between South Flower Street and the 110 Harbor Freeway
- The area around South Figueroa Street between 7th and West 4th streets
- The area around North Hill Street between Bernard and Alpine streets
- The area around West College Street between Yale and North Main streets
- The area around North Spring Street between Alpine Street and South Avenue 18
7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- The area around Bundy Drive between Airport Avenue and West Pico Boulevard
- The area around Sunset Boulevard between South Sepulveda Boulevard and Bedford Drive
8:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- The area around Sunset Boulevard between Bedford Drive and South Sepulveda Boulevard
- The area around West 9th Street between the 110 Harbor Freeway and South Flower Street
- The area around South Figueroa Street between Olympic Boulevard and West 6th Street
The following streets were closed at 4:00 a.m. Tuesday, and will remain closed until Wednesday:
- Figueroa Street from 6th to 8th streets
- Wilshire Boulevard from Flower Street to Beaudry Avenue
- 7th Street from Flower to Bixel streets
The following streets will be closed intermittently between 5:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. on Tuesday:
- Sunset Boulevard between Ladera and Beverly drives (suggested alternative east/west routes: Santa Monica, Wilshire and Olympic boulevards)
- Benedict Canyon Drive between Sunset Boulevard and Mulholland Drive (suggested alternate north/south route: Coldwater Canyon Drive)