Extra, Extra: El Niño Is Going To Ruin Celebs' Hair At The Golden Globes
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- Porter Ranch residents attended a hearing today that addressed the massive gas leak, which Governor Jerry Brown declared a state of emergency last week. One resident lamented, "[The gas] is in my house. It’s in my furniture. It’s in our bodies."
- Innnnteresting: The Revenant is beating the Star War at the weekend box office so far.
- The Golden Globes are tomorrow. Which parties did YOU get invited to? None? Same!
- Awards season is coming smack dab in the middle of El Niño, and #celebs (and their stylists) are not happy! SCPR writes, "A blustery bad boy is set to crash Hollywood's red carpets this awards season and he's already taking the town by storm." Cool metaphor!!
- Hundreds of Rams fans showed up at the Coliseum today in support of the team possibly relocating from St. Louis back to Los Angeles. The Rams played in L.A. from1946 to 1994, and "Rams fans" is a very good tongue-twister or vocal warm-up exercise.
- Lamar Odom has been moved from an L.A. hospital to a private facility. All the family spokeswoman would say is that they're all proud of Odom's "miraculous and continued improvement."
- The funeral for Natalie Cole, who died on Jan. 1, will be held in Los Angeles on Monday. The singer will be buried at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale, next to her parents, sister and brother.
- And, finally, today would have been Richard Nixon's 103rd birthday, and fittingly, the trailer for the upcoming film Elvis & Nixon (with Michael Shannon as Elvis Presley and Kevin Spacey as Nixon) was released yesterday: