This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Tech News Roundup - MySpace, Blog Ethics and Saving Daylight
• Worried about the upcoming change to Daylight Savings Time? Find out what it means to you in the handy FAQ.
• Sony launches its "Home" and "Little Blue Planet" services for PS3 users. And the world reacts with a thunderous yawn.
• Want to know the secrets behind the scenes at one of the largest cell phone companies in the U.S.? Check it out here.
• Speaking of cell phones, Palm has finally answered the challenge of the upcoming iPhone. What are they doing? Check it out.
• Thinking about "borrowing" your friends copy of Adobe Photoshop and using it yourself? You might want to think again.
• Apple may decide to use RFID tags for easier Wi-Fi setup. Confused? Check it out here.
• Ethics and Blogging? The LA Times talks about bloggers getting paid to write nice things about products from the people who make those products. Thats a bad thing and for more info, check it out here.
• AT&T trying to divorce from Yahoo? Maybe. And Yahoo feels the pain.
• Verizon sues Vonage and wins. So, what does this really mean for Vonage?
• What are the top blogs out there according to Technorati? Believe it or not, some of them are about Tech and not Paris Hilton or Lindsey Lohan's lack of underwear. In case you're wondering, LAist isn't in the top 100. At least not yet.
• Your friends and mine in the recording industry are trying something a little different this time to fight the war on pirated music: attacking the kids. Oh wait, that isn't different is it?
• Like the Macintosh? Hey, me too! And now, if you work in the corporate world, you should too. Of course, I've been telling people this for years.
• Speaking of Apple (as I often do) according to rumor, soon Apple will be including hardware DVD decoding in all of its Macs. Why do you care? Read and see.
• Apple and iTunes are the music industry's gatekeepers these days. Think about it.