Streets You Should Avoid When Israel's Prime Minister Comes To Town Today
Another foreign dignitary—this time it's Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu—is coming to the Westside, which means there will be another round of street and freeway closures in the mix today.
Netanyahu will be in town today through Thursday to attend the premiere of an Israel tourist film, City News Service reports. He's expected to touch down this afternoon and there will be temporary closures throughout his visit that will last about an hour or so in different parts of the city, per KPCC:
"We will be having what we call rolling closures, which means that some of those streets and routes will be closed temporarily for shorts periods of time. And as soon as motorcade passes those areas we will open up those streets and thoroughfares as quickly as possible," LAPD Lieutenant Andy Neiman said.
Fortunately for us, they let us know about these closures, which may be shut down between designated periods of time as Netanyahu makes his way around the city. Here's a list of streets and freeways you should avoid this week and what times you should steer clear:
Tuesday, March 4:
- 405 freeway between Wilshire and the 105 freeway from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Santa Monica Blvd. between the 405 and Melrose from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Melrose Avenue between La Cienega and Van Ness from 7:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Wednesday, March 5:
- Santa Monica Blvd between the 405 and Melrose from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. and from 4 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- The 405 between Wilshire and the 105 from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. as well as from 4 p.m. to 11 p.m
- The 10 between PCH and the 405 from 6:30 p.m. to 10:45 p.m.
Thursday, March 6:
- Santa Monica Blvd between Melrose and the 405 from 8 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Pico Blvd. between Roxbury and Castello from 8:45 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- The 405 from Wilshire to the 105 from 12:15 p.m. to 12:45 p.m.