This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: '100 Years Of Digging' At The La Brea Tar Pits Isn't Quite Right
- Jennifer Aniston might be building a private plane runway in Bel Air.
- Well, it hasn't exactly been "100 years of digging" at the La Brea Tar Pits.
- Here are some 20th century headlines rewritten to get more clicks.
- The Arctic hasn’t been this hot for 120,000 years.
- Apparently, it's bad for your kids to stare at the TV all day.
- Who You Gonna Call? The Littlest Ghostbuster and His Adorable Ecto-1.
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).