This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
SoCal Has The 2 Most Instagrammed Locations In The World For 2014
Southern California is a still a hot spot for the Instagrammers of the world. The Telegraph released a list of the top geotagged locations around the world. Disneyland pulled into the top spot from #2 last year. (It may or may not be a coincidence that this happened the same year DILFs of Disneyland and Cats of Disneyland emerged on the scene.) And though it was hard to catch on TV this season, Dodger Stadium was all over Instagram as the #2 most-photographed place.
In past years, there were more places from around Southern California that made the top 10 or 15 list, like LAX, Staples Center, the Santa Monica Pier and Coachella. That could be a sign that Instagram is becoming more diverse, notes LA Observed.
Here's this year's full list:
1. Disneyland, Anaheim, CA
2. Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles, CA
3. Times Square, New York, NY
4. Siam Paragon (สยามพารากอน) shopping mall, Bangkok, Thailand
5. ЦПКиО им. Горького / Gorky Park, Moscow, Russia
6. Musée du Louvre, Paris, France
7. Красная площадь / Red Square, Moscow, Russia
8. Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
9. Yankee Stadium, New York, NY
10. The Dubai Mall, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
And The Telegraph also has the top most Instagrammed museums. LACMA cracked the top 5, likely because of the Chris Burden's "Urban Light" exhibit out front (which also doubles as a Tinder photo cliche, if we've ever seen one) and maybe Levitated Mass in the back:
1. Musée du Louvre
2. MoMA The Museum of Modern Art
3, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
4. LACMA Los Angeles County Museum of Art
5. Hermitage Museum
6. Centre Pompidou
7. British Museum
8. Victoria and Albert Museum
9. Tate Modern
10. The Art Institute of Chicago