This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: How Rodeo Drive Got So Glam
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- A Vegas taco joint that was burglarized last week has now turned the security footage of the incident into a commercial showcasing what lengths people will go to for their tacos.
- Those of you who have seen the new Star Wars flick might find this Emo Kylo Ren Twitter account particularly amusing.
- Speaking of Star Wars, an 18-year-old Montana man is facing 20 years for threatening to shoot a guy who spoiled the movie for him before he had a chance to see it.
- Well, hello. Check out this photo of Harrison Ford in 1970, back when he was a carpenter helping Sergio Mendes build his recording studio.
- You can now listen to The Beatles via streaming music services. Happy Crimble.
- Chinatown's Empress Pavilion will now only be open for private parties and will no longer serve dim sum.
- Scientists have discovered a new shark. The Ninja Lanternshark lives in the central Pacific Ocean, about 800 to 1,400 meters deep.
- Miss Columbia Ariadna Gutierrez spoke out and posted a message of thanks to her supporters via Instagram, just a few days after the pageant's mix-up. "I was able to bring happiness to my country after becoming Miss Universe for only a couple of minutes. Today because of that Columbia and the Latin community are being talked about in every corner of the world," she wrote.
- Beverly Hills' Rodeo Drive wasn't always so glamorous. It all started with a men's shop called Carroll and Company in the '50s.
- A cafeteria worker in Idaho has been fired. Her offense? Giving a free lunch to a hungry little girl who couldn't afford the $1.70 charge.
- And now, here's a wolf and a bear who are buddies:
This has got to be one of the most Beautiful things i have ever seen! Wolf cub & Bear cub playing together <3A Land Of Wolves Fairytales & Dreams
Posted by A Land Of Wolves Fairytales & Darkness on Sunday, June 7, 2015