Joe Biden's In Town Again: Here Are The Streets To Avoid On Monday And Tuesday
Vice President Joe Biden—who is not running for President—is in town again, meaning your afternoon drive could get slightly more annoying than usual.Air Force Two is expected to land at LAX around noon, from which Biden will be heading downtown for the LA Cleantech Incubator. There he'll be joined by Mayor Eric Garcetti to talk jobs and clean technology, according to the L.A. Times. Afterwards, Biden will be heading to a party fundraiser.
In the wake of the Paris attack, security around Biden will be tighter than usual, says Deadline. Does this mean wider and lengthier road closures? Who knows, but it's good to stay prepared.
On Tuesday morning, Biden will be flying out of LAX and heading towards Oklahoma and Texas.
According to the LAPD, here are the streets to avoid this afternoon and tomorrow morning:
In Beverly Hills, Merv Griffin Way between Wilshire and Santa Monica boulevards will be closed to southbound traffic from 10 a.m. Monday to 9 a.m. Tuesday.
- North and southbound lanes of Sepulveda Boulevard between Lincoln and Century boulevards will be closed to traffic for eight minutes between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- South Alameda Street between East 4th Street and East 6th Street from 2 to 6 p.m.
- Hewitt Street will be closed between Palmetto and East 5th streets from about 2 to 5 p.m.
- Colyton Street will be closed between Palmetto and East 5th from about 2 to 5 p.m.
- South Figueroa Street between West Olympic and Wilshire boulevards from 3 to 7 p.m.
- West Pico Boulevard between Overland Avenue and Century Park East from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Avenue of the Stars between West Pico and West Olympic boulevards from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Santa Monica Boulevard between Beverly Drive and South Beverly Glen Boulevard from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Santa Monica Boulevard between Wilshire and Sawtelle boulevards from 8 to 10 a.m.