Report on 1,000 City Hall Layoffs to be Released
A preliminary version of a report that details over 1,000 layoffs will be released today by city officials. According to the Daily News, here are some of how the 1,003 layoffs could go, which doesn't affect the staffs of the Mayor's or City Council:
- Cut 125 from Recreation and Parks
- Cut 100 each from the City Attorney's Office, Libraries, Personnel and Bureau of Sanitation.
- Eliminate 57 sworn and 22 civilian positions from the LAFD. Also, 50 civilian positions from the LAPD.
- Layoff the entire Department of Human Services (26 people).
- Cut half of the staff at the Department of Neighborhood Empowerment, Cultural Affairs and Disability.
If any cuts are made, it could take months to process.