Pot Brownies Send Four People to Hospital
Firefighters responding to a call in Huntington Beach found themselves with another case on their hands last night when "they were approached by four people outside Mario's restaurant" who "complained of hallucinations, numbness and shortness of breath," according to abc7. The victims had apparently ingested brownies made with marijuana which "appeared to have been purchased at a marijuana dispensary in Los Angeles." According to officials, some in the group of four were carrying the medical marijuana cards that allowed them to make the purchase from the dispensary. Following reporting to the firefighters the four were hospitalized for their illness.