Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- There's always the popular and monthly Downtown Art Walk (2nd Thursday of the month) and tonight is the first Downtown Fashion Walk. Enjoy!
- The Nom Nom Truck, a Vietnamese Taco Truck, has finally hit the Westside and Eater LA has a little reader report from the sidelines.
- LA Weekly digs into the sex scandal allegedly involving Andrew Adelman, who oversees the L.A.'s Department of Building and Safety.
- Who is Alycia Lane? She's one of KNBC's newest anchors and one that's gaining attention because of her past, whether she wants it or not. The news station is defending their hiring of her.
- No more being a jerk and saying, "well, we're in America, you have to speak English." Well, at least in California: Assembly OKs bill that prohibits businesses from refusing to serve non-English speakers
- Venice is getting naked this weekend. On Saturday is a bikini parade where organizers are trying to break the record of largest bikini parade ever. Then on Sunday is the annual the National Go Topless Day event.
- The suspect in a year-old shooting that left a 16-year-old teen dead at a Taco Bell on Laurel Canyon Blvd. has been found in Mexico.
- What are Quentin Tarantino's 20 Favorite Flicks of the Past 17 Years