OC Cops to Run Long Weekend DUI Crackdown
The Los Angeles Police Department are not alone in their wish to eradicate drunk drivers from the Southern California roads and highways. This holiday weekend, local police departments all over Orange County will be running DUI and Drivers' License Checkpoints, as well as saturation patrols, according to the OC Register.
Each city's police department has issued varying levels of details regarding their planned action; all are participating as part of a statewide campaign sponsored by the Office of Traffic Safety. A few planned actions include:
- Yorba Linda: DUI/Driver's License checkpoint on Friday 9/3 from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. on Imperial Highway east of Valley View.
- Placentia: DUI/Driver's License checkpoint on Friday 9/3 from 6 p.m. to 12 a.m., location not given.
- Anaheim: DUI/Driver's License checkpoint on Friday 9/3, time/location not given.
- La Habra: DUI/Driver's License checkpoint on Saturday 9/4, time/location not given.
- Orange: Saturation Patrol on Friday 9/3 and Sunday 9/5
- Irvine: Saturation Patrol on Saturday 9/4
Adds the Register: "During Labor Day weekend last year, CHP officers throughout the state made 1,417 arrests for driving under the influence." May we add, whether you are in Los Angeles, Orange, or any other California county, please do not be one of this year's statistics!