Extra, Extra: Nevermore, Neverland
LAist relies on reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Liquidation at Neverland! Everything must go, even the "painting showing Michael Jackson as a bona fide royal in Elizabethan dress." Yikes.
- Congratulations to our fellow bloggers, LA Metblogs, they have spawned and spread to San Diego!
- We have "Koreatown," "Miracle Mile," and now, possibly.. the "Sign District?" LA based developer CIM has proposed to create the "Sign District" at Pico/San Vicente. Best comment on Curbed LA's article - "Mommy, Daddy can we go get ice cream and see the billboards!" - from Pabst.
- Have you heard that nothing is sacred on Facebook? Well, someone took it upon themselves to compare the Terms of Service between a few social network sites and results are in.
- One Tarzana hiker is breathing a sigh of relief today after being rescued from spending a night stranded in a canyon. The 33-year-old male hiker slipped down an embankment next to a hiking trail, got partially trapped in some brush and had to wait to shout for help the next day.
- The Downtown Art walk is switching leadership. After a successful four years, gallery owner Bert Green is giving up Executive Director duties to Richard Schave, operator of Esotouric.
- If you have seen anyone shooting sea lions, you could walk away with $5,000. Already this year, there have been 4 such cases of violence on sea lions.
- Like the Orchestra, sign up here to win tix!