Extra, Extra: LAUSD Will Teach Anti-Bullying Through 'Star Wars'
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- The New Yorker talks about how Monster Energy drink targets young male consumers, using the image of extreme manliness.
- LAUSD intends to host Star Wars-themed anti-bullying events. Bullying is definitely a Sith move.
- Cirque du Soliel will present "KURIOS—Cabinet of Curiosities" at Dodgers Stadium this winter. This particular show draws from steampunk and Victorian-era influences.
- If you make a racist comment online in Brazil, you might get publicly shamed by a billboard.
- AP has changed the style on Hillary. She will now be officially known as Hillary Clinton as opposed to Hillary Rodham Clinton.
- There's a theme park in Wales that's powered by the sun, and in some cases, the people who attend the park.
- About 14 percent of L.A. County's land is parking. But we still can't find it.
- It turns out that L.A. has a club for people who love looking at the stars. The Astronomical Society has been around since 1926, and they meet at an observatory in Monterey Park.
- And finally, here's a goat who loves to be pet, as evidenced by a frantic tail.