LAist-CS Week 9 Rankings: Not Too Upset
So it wasn’t quite the bloodletting that it was predicted to be, but there was enough to make things interesting. I’ll just shut up and present the rankings.
1. Oregon Ducks (8-0, 5-0 Pac-10) - USC fans left and right said the Ducks haven’t been tested this season. Um, Stanford? But I’ll admit that USC put up a good fight that surpassed my expectation of a 56-20 game. Last week: 1
2. TCU Horned Frogs (9-0, 5-0 Mountain West) - The Froggies did what they were supposed to do and shut down Vegas. But they have a HUGE task in front them when they head to Utah next week. Last week: 3
3. Auburn Tigers (9-0, 6-0 SEC) - Their 51-31 beating of Ole Miss made me somewhat of a believer for now. They get two byes with games at home against Chattanooga and Georgia before heading to Bama for the Iron Bowl. Last week: 4
4. Alabama Crimson Tide (7-1, 4-1 SEC) - They got a week off to prepare to head to Baton Rouge for the Bayou Bengals. Last week: 5.
5. Utah Utes (8-0, 5-0 Mountain West) - They went to a good Air Force team and beat them 28-23. They host No. 2 TCU next week which should determine who goes to the BCS Championship Game. Last week: 6