This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
LACityNerd's 5-Question LA History Quiz
So after Sunday's Question and Monday's Answer, the LA City Nerd challenged LAist and you, our readers to a quiz: "I saw you posted a Pop Quiz on LAist, and thought I'd see if I could challenge your readers with an LA City Nerd Pop Quiz."
So here you go kids, let's go at it! Put your guesses and answers in the comments section.
1. Before the 2005 opening of LAPD's Mission Division in the San Fernando Valley, what was the last LAPD Division to be added?
2. At the turn of the 20th Century, where was the only place within a mile of the coast in California that blacks were allowed own property?
3. Why are their so many motels on Figueroa south of Downtown/USC?
4. What monument in Boyle Heights did then-First Lady Hillary Clinton visit in her "Save America's Treasure's" campaign in 1998, the first such project in Los Angeles for the campaign?
5. What do the Getty Villa, Santa Monica Canyon, and the Museum of Jurassic Technology all have in common?
Questions will be answered by the Nerd on Wednesday at 8 a.m.
Photo by Irene Tong via Flickr