Top 10 List: These Are The Richest People in L.A.
The Los Angeles Business Journal published its annual list of the richest Angelenos, but the article is hidden behind a paywall so we common plebs can't see it. So here is a summary of L.A.'s power rankings of the absurdly rich...
Hollywood mogul (and one of the guys who is responsible for the unforunate Shrek) Jeffrey Katzenberg and Telecom Bro Gary Winnick (who is somehow super rich after driving his first company into the ground) are newcomers to the list.
Ryan Kavanaugh, the former media golden child and master of B.S. analytics at Relativity Media, had a rough year and got dinged from the top 10. Armenian-American tycoon Kirk Kerkorian died at the age of 98 and therefore dropped out as well.
1. Patrick Soon-Shiong. Health Bro. Lives in Brentwood. Net worth: $15.4 billion
2. Elon Musk. Tesla Bro. Lives in Bel Air. Net worth: $13.3 billion
3. Eli Broad. Art + Media Bro(ad). Lives in "Los Angeles," apparently. Net worth: $7.64 billion
4. Sean Parker. Justin Timberlake in Social Network Bro. Lives in Holmby Hills. Net worth: $7.62 billion
5. John Tu. Tawainese Tech Bro. Lives in Rolling Hills. Net worth: $7.1 billion
6. David Geffen. Dreamworks Bro. Lives in Beverly Hills (but still claims New York as his 'home'). Net worth: $6.9 billion
7. Sumner Redstone. Media Mogul Bro. Lives in Beverly Hills. Net worth: $5.5 billion
8. Tamara Hughes Gustavson. Daughter of the Bro who founded Public Storage. Lives in Malibu. Net worth: $5.49 billion
9. Stewart and Lynda Resnick. Fiji Water Bro and Wife. Live in Beverly Hills. Net worth: $4.99 billion
10. Do Won and Jin Sook Chang. Forever 21 Founder Bro and Wife. Live in Beverly Hills. Net worth: $4.76 billion
(h/t LA Observed)