DEBATE: District 2 LA County Supervisor Candidates Wesson And Mitchell Face Off
It's a rare open seat on L.A. County's five-member governing board with a lot at stake. The Board of Supervisors collectively oversees a $30 billion annual budget that pays for everything from mental health treatment to homeless services, public health to the Sheriff’s Department.
Needless to say, this is an incredibly powerful seat. Former L.A. City Council President Herb Wesson and state Senator Holly Mitchell are vying for the job. These two political heavyweights faced off in a live debate moderated by KPCC/LAist’s senior politics reporter, Libby Denkmann.
GET UP TO SPEED ON THIS RACE:
- LA County Board Of Supervisors: The Race For The 2nd District (Voter Game Plan)
At our Voter Game Plan you can find:
- Key dates and deadlines related to the election.
- Key races we're following in Orange and L.A. counties.
- A guide to ballot propositions and special measures.
- FAQs about the election and voting-by-mail.
- News stories about the election.
- Your customized ballot.