ICYMI: You Need At Least $109K A Year To Afford The Average 2-Bedroom Apartment In L.A.
LAist needs your reader support
You can power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today during our June Member drive.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- To afford the average 2-bedroom apartment in Los Angeles, you need a salary of over $109,000. What affordable housing crisis?
- The Harvard Medical School just encoded a movie into the DNA of bacteria. Don't delete your Google Drive just yet, but yeah, it blew our minds too.
- Bill Nye wants you to tie your shoelaces better.
- The New Yorker explains another of its punctuation quirks—the reasoning behind that pesky second comma in "Donald Trump, Jr.,'s"
- Check out this 8mm (contraband) color film footage from the set of I Love Lucy.
- Mindy Kaling has a pretty swanky Hancock Park home.
- Here's John Turturro ending things with his therapist: