ICYMI: Werner Herzog Doesn't Know What Pokemon Go Is And Doesn't Care
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Werner Herzog says he doesn't have a cell phone, wishes film school didn't exist, and doesn't know what Pokemon Go is.
- Tim Kaine has many talents, and spelling is one of them. Watch him kill it at a spelling bee.
- Correction: Reporter who dubbed the name "D.B. Cooper" had actually meant to use "Dan Cooper." But that's not the real name, either.
- The Moleskin company, known for its portable notebooks, has opened up a cafe in Milan.
- Michael Keaton received his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Yay. He also said that Beetlejuice 2 isn't happening. Boo.
- Chipotle, amid plunging stock prices, will open up a burger joint in Ohio.
- There are a lot of loops to jump through if you want to visit Cuba.
- A play about the 2015 San Bernardino shooting attack has been put on hold after families of the victims spoke out against it.
- Scientists have found cancer in a 1.7 million-year-old bone, which makes it the earliest known case of cancer.
- Speaking of old stuff. Here's 340-year-old cheese found in a shipwreck.
- You've almost made it to the weekend. It's nearly time to take a victory lap: