ICYMI: We're Hungry
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- We're hungry so this edition of ICYMI is going to be all about food. Here's Lucky Peach on how to do a "beef noodle soup crawl" in L.A. It's very ambitious.
- Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte eats so much (7,000-8,000 calories per day!) he said that his jaw gets sore. Same, tbh.
- This guy doesn't like Chipotle anymore, leaving more for the rest of us.
- You can re-create some of your favorite grub from Disneyland right in your own kitchen.
- Here is a "serious" prototype of the best thing to eat while driving. The multi-chamber cylinder is made from hearty bagel dough that provides a solid foundation for potential fixins inside. Very weird, but I'm kind of down.
- Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes are coming to McDonalds' ingredients, such as the brave, daring replacement of liquid margarine with *gasp* real butter.
- And finally, speaking of being...hungry, here's a hit from a real New Jersey beefcake: