This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: We're Hungry
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- We're hungry so this edition of ICYMI is going to be all about food. Here's Lucky Peach on how to do a "beef noodle soup crawl" in L.A. It's very ambitious.
- Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte eats so much (7,000-8,000 calories per day!) he said that his jaw gets sore. Same, tbh.
- This guy doesn't like Chipotle anymore, leaving more for the rest of us.
- You can re-create some of your favorite grub from Disneyland right in your own kitchen.
- Here is a "serious" prototype of the best thing to eat while driving. The multi-chamber cylinder is made from hearty bagel dough that provides a solid foundation for potential fixins inside. Very weird, but I'm kind of down.
- Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes are coming to McDonalds' ingredients, such as the brave, daring replacement of liquid margarine with *gasp* real butter.
- And finally, speaking of being...hungry, here's a hit from a real New Jersey beefcake:
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.