ICYMI: If NBC Replaces Bob Costas With Leslie Jones, We Would Not Be Mad
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Season 3 of Transparent will be returning to Amazon in September! According to The Hollywood Reporter, we can expect flashbacks to a 12-year-old Maura (Jeffrey Tambor), and a theme centered on "coming out of your shell." It's likely we can also expect many Silver Lake glamour shots.
- If you're not following Leslie Jones' Olympic commentary on Twitter, you're doing it wrong. It's so good, in fact, an NBC executive invited her to join the network in Rio. Please god, please let this happen.
- Here's the New York Times on the fragile, um, "arousing" nature of romance between staffers on the campaign trail. Fun read, minus the egregious omission of Josh Lyman and Donna Moss.
- Vin Scully and David Ortiz are a cute pair.
- And finally, happy birthday to the one and only Caetano Veloso: the GOAT of Brazilian music and godfather of tropicalia (and who performed at the Opening Ceremony in Rio on Friday). Here's his hit, "Alegria, Alegria," the "Brazilian anthem of 1967":