ICYMI: The Los Feliz Murder House Is Off The Market, But Not Out Of Our Nightmares
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Godspeed to the couple that just dropped $2.3 million the infamous Los Feliz Murder House, where a doctor murdered his wife and attacked his teenage daughter with a hammer before overdosing on pills himself.
- Speaking of haunted houses, there's definitely maybe a ghost at this old school diner in Burbank.
- Ok you know what let's keep it spooky. "Surprise" exorcisms are being staged throughout Comic-Con in San Diego this weekend as a macabre means of promoting "The Exorcist," a rebooted TV series based on the film. Nothing in that last sentence is good.
- Have you tried Drake's whiskey? We would like some now.
- Speaking of needing whiskey, Kirsten Dunst will be directing an adaptation of Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar,. Dakota Fanning will be playing the lead, Esther Greenwood.
- Now here's a heartwarming story: this 100-year-old lobster is being moved from a tank in a Florida restaurant to an aquarium in Maine.
- Lin-Manuel Miranda is going to get bombed and tell the tale of Burr/Hamilton on Comedy Central's Drunk History.
- Speaking of getting bombed, this guy in Florida (who looks suspiciously like Ed Helms) legally changed his name to Kraftwerk, which we honor with this timely track: