ICYMI: Thank God The Weekend Is Here
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Arts & Culture Editor Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Calm down everyone: Obama did NOT approve the controversial Dakota Access pipeline, contrary to what was originally reported. Expect his decision by Monday.
- "We are in Rome": San Antonio Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich has some choice thoughts about Trump's election. He joins colleagues Stan Van Gundy and Steve Kerr as NBA coaches unhappy about the election.
- Third Eye Blind's Stephen Jenkins wants you to step back from that ledge my friend, even after Trump's election.
- A very useful post-election college paper grading rubric, for the professor who "can no longer claim with any credibility that reading, writing, and critical thinking are essential skills for 21st-century success."
- Speed (yeah, the Keanu movie) and how it captured an L.A. in transition.
- Los Angeles County still has about one million ballots that need to be counted.
- Big-ass snowballs are washing up on Russian beaches.
- Billy Corgan has finally (finally!) resolved his dispute with TNA Wrestling. In times like these, we're glad somebody could find a way to resolve things amicably.
- Speaking of the '90s, check out this unearthed demo of "Shiny Happy People."
- You deserve a moment of Zen after this week. Let this turtle and dog take you there: