ICYMI: Researchers Have Found The 'Funniest' Word In English
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- A look back at French actress Jeanne Moreau who died today.
- Meet Dylan Marron. He likes to call up the people who send him hate mail.
- A new study tried to find the funniest word in the English language. Any guess?
- Ryan Adams went on a Twitter rant against The Strokes. What prompted it? Maybe one of The Strokes claiming Adams was a terrible influence on them, and gave them heroin.
- How the Hitchcock Estate in New York's Hudson Valley became Timothy Leary's home for the psychedelic movement.
- The story behind the HARD music festival.
- Let's take a look at Earth...or, a look at how we look at Earth: