ICYMI: Rejoice! The Silver Lake Trader Joe's Parking Lot Attendant Is Back
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- The Beyoncéjam in and around Dodger Stadium (and pretty much the entire eastside, for that matter) was particular awful last week, as Curbed explains.
- Egee Mabolis, the beloved guardian of the Silver Lake Trader Joe's parking lot, is (blessedly) back at work after months spent recouping from a horrible bicycle accident. We are so very glad to have you back!
- Orange County's "Crystal Cathedral" is getting a makeover by the Catholic Church, and it looks like it will be extremely baller, as per Catholic tradition.
- The Emmys are tomorrow. If The O.J. Show fails to sweep its categories I will shriek and weep a thousand tears.
- Bon Appetit tells us what beer tasted like in 6,000 B.C.
- And finally a very happy birthday to Kyle Chandler, aka Coach Taylor in 'Friday Night Lights', aka my husband and future father of my children. Here he is doing the damn thing: