This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: Pursuit Suspect Totally Shreds At A Skate Park
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Arts & Culture Editor Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Actor Ron Glass, who played Detective Ron Harris in Barney Miller, has died. He was 71.
- A pursuit suspect had his getaway end on Friday when he crashed into a tree in an Anaheim skate park. Luckily, no bystanders were hurt, but they did get some pretty crazy video.
- The Golden Horse Awards were Saturday in Taiwan, and Keyframe Daily has the complete list of winners. The awards are considered the Chinese-language equivalent of the Oscars.
- Spike Lee sat down with Senator Bernie Sanders and the two of them discussed how to move forward after this election and what to do down the road.
- By now you've heard the news that Cuban dictator Fidel Castro has passed away—but have taken the time to read the Miami Herald obituary? It's a doozy and quite comprehensive.
- Speaking of which, did you see Canadian's prime minister Justin Trudeau's words on Castro's passing? Oops.
- And finally—remember Barry Zito? The former Major League lefty, who had quite a pretty curveball, is embarking on the next stage of his career: singer-songwriter:
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.