ICYMI: Pursuit Suspect Totally Shreds At A Skate Park
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Arts & Culture Editor Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Actor Ron Glass, who played Detective Ron Harris in Barney Miller, has died. He was 71.
- A pursuit suspect had his getaway end on Friday when he crashed into a tree in an Anaheim skate park. Luckily, no bystanders were hurt, but they did get some pretty crazy video.
- The Golden Horse Awards were Saturday in Taiwan, and Keyframe Daily has the complete list of winners. The awards are considered the Chinese-language equivalent of the Oscars.
- Spike Lee sat down with Senator Bernie Sanders and the two of them discussed how to move forward after this election and what to do down the road.
- By now you've heard the news that Cuban dictator Fidel Castro has passed away—but have taken the time to read the Miami Herald obituary? It's a doozy and quite comprehensive.
- Speaking of which, did you see Canadian's prime minister Justin Trudeau's words on Castro's passing? Oops.
- And finally—remember Barry Zito? The former Major League lefty, who had quite a pretty curveball, is embarking on the next stage of his career: singer-songwriter: