ICYMI: Please Don't Blow It, Dodgers
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- The Dodgers lost today, and are now 1-1 against the Washington Nationals in the National League Division Series. They'll get another shot tomorrow night in Game 3 at Dodger Stadium. C'mon guys...#WinForVin
- L.A. Weekly partied at a RV resort for the Desert Trip this weekend and it sounds really wild, man.
- The Birth of a Nation produced a disappointing showing at the box office this weekend. Vulture breaks down why it's not doing so hot, positing that the Nate Parker controversy might have been too much for audiences.
- Walt Disney's script for Steamboat Willie is up for auction for quite a pretty penny.
- This cat looks hella good for 31 years old.
- And finally, today is Jackson Browne's 68th birthday. Here he is performing "These Days," which he wrote when he was 16 years old! Wowza. You might've heard the Velvet Underground cover, but we're particularly partial to Jackson's original version.