ICYMI: Magic Johnson Chilled With Darth Vader At A Dodger Game
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Save Sunset Junction, a group opposed to development in Silver Lake (particularly the proposed "Junction Gateway Project") created some pretty hardcore posters.
- Several landmarks across L.A. went dark for an hour last night as part of Mayor Eric Garcetti's "Save Energy L.A." campaign. The lights went out at places like Griffith Observatory and LACMA's Instagram-favorite Urban Light setup.
- Here's Magic Johnson with a couple storm troopers and Darth Vader at "Star Wars Night" at Dodger Stadium.
- Remember when toxic algae turned Pyramid Lake a crazy green? Something similar is happening in Lake Elsinore, where officials have prohibited swimming, boating, and fishing due to harmful levels of blue-green algae.
- Praise be: The Larry Sanders Show will be available for streaming on HBO in September!
- And finally, we'd like to wish a very happy birthday to the one and only Kate Bush...coincidentally, it is also the birthday of Emily Bronte, author of Wuthering Heights, which inspired this KB classic: