ICYMI: July Was The Hottest Of All 1,639 Months On Record
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- We all know it's been hot. But did you know that July was the hottest month on record ever?
- If you have about $12 million lying around, why not spend it on Chris Paul's Bel-Air abode?
- The Tragically Hip, one of Canada's most beloved rock bands, will be playing its final show ever. Lead singer Gord Downie was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer earlier this year. Find out how you can stream the concert live.
- Frank Ocean has finally (finally!) released some new music. Doesn't mean we've forgiven him, though.
- The New Jersey Devils want their goalie to wear leg pads inspired by George Costanza.
- In response to the "fav7films" hashtag, several celebrities Tweeted their top seven movies. Matthew Modine revealed his love for Dumbo.
- Guns n' Roses killed it at Dodger Stadium last night. "You're in the jungle, babay!"