This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: Jerry Seinfeld Says 'Friends' Is A Rip-Off With 'Better-Looking People'
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Jerry Seinfeld throws some shade on "Friends," saying it's basically a rip-off of "Seinfeld" but with "better-looking people."
- The Staples Center? Levi's Stadium? Bank of America Stadium? Guaranteed Rate Field? What's up with corporate names for sports arenas?
- According to a study, approximately two-thirds of people with depression don't get any treatment.
- A handful of chefs tell us why they think L.A. is the fairest food city of all.
- Wildlife officials are putting up a $10,000 reward in hopes of finding whoever's responsible for shooting, and killing, three sea otters between late July and early August.
- Now for something hair-raising: monster slugs are preying on birds in Europe.
- In case you're not creeped out enough: In South Carolina, some kids are claiming that clowns (literal clowns) are trying to lure them into the woods. OK, we're outta here.
- But, before we go, here's a video of Karen Carpenter showing off her drumming skills:
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.