ICYMI: Jerry Seinfeld Says 'Friends' Is A Rip-Off With 'Better-Looking People'
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Jerry Seinfeld throws some shade on "Friends," saying it's basically a rip-off of "Seinfeld" but with "better-looking people."
- The Staples Center? Levi's Stadium? Bank of America Stadium? Guaranteed Rate Field? What's up with corporate names for sports arenas?
- According to a study, approximately two-thirds of people with depression don't get any treatment.
- A handful of chefs tell us why they think L.A. is the fairest food city of all.
- Wildlife officials are putting up a $10,000 reward in hopes of finding whoever's responsible for shooting, and killing, three sea otters between late July and early August.
- Now for something hair-raising: monster slugs are preying on birds in Europe.
- In case you're not creeped out enough: In South Carolina, some kids are claiming that clowns (literal clowns) are trying to lure them into the woods. OK, we're outta here.
- But, before we go, here's a video of Karen Carpenter showing off her drumming skills: