This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: Is There A Link Between Insomnia And Premature Birth?
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Autonomous passenger planes could be a reality by 2025.
- Los Angeles' architecture can definitely get pretty....quirky.
- If you need any proof that e-sports are a real thing, China now has more e-sport "athletes"(?) and fans than theentire population of the United Kingdom.
- Turns out that pregnant women with sleeping disorders are twice as likely to deliver prematurely.
- Neuroscientists want to figure out exactly how taste receptors connect to neurons on the way to the brain.
- A rather timely take on nuclear diplomacy.
- Take a look at this Valley Girl contest from 1982: