ICYMI: Here's A Handy List Of Places To Avoid
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- L.A. Weekly ranked the city's top 10 tourist traps, which really, is just a handy list of places to avoid.
- Lil Wayne cut his set at the Medical Cannabis Concentrates Cup (a "weed-themed concert" in San Bernardino) way short, leaving the stage after just 10 minutes. "Don't you ever call me to do this shit again. Don't you, ever, ever, ever, ask me to do this shit again," said Wayne before exiting. Not chill.
- Buzzfeed asks the question we've all had on our minds: "Which Disturbing Spaghetti Stock Photo Are You?
- Rolling Stone rounded up the 10 most bizarre Pokemon Go locations. On this list are the Pentagon, hospital delivery rooms, and, um, the Auschwitz Memorial.
- Brie Larson will be playing the lead character in Captain Marvel, the first time a woman will play the title character in a movie for the studio.
- There will be no vaping at the DNC.
- The food at Alcatraz actually sounds pretty good!
- Mental Floss explains why hoards of teens and children everywhere are ruining your summer.
- "Songbird" was trending on Twitter because that is the name of a horse that won a race. Here's the Fleetwood Mac song instead