ICYMI: Rihanna And Drake Have A 'Major Love Fest'
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- A portion of David Bowie's ashes were scattered at Burning Man last week by his godchild, a source told E! News; with Iman's blessing, of course. "David's godchild and David had long talks about Burning Man and what it stands for, and David loved the message behind it," the source said. Update: Bowie's son, Duncan Jones, denies this took place.
- Drake brought rumored ladyfriend and frequent collaborator Rihanna onstage at his show at Staples Center last night and gushed about how amazing she is; US Weekly called it a "major love fest."
- The congressional race in Santa Barbara between Democratic candidate Salud Carbajal and newcomer Republican nominee Justin Fareed has gotten really, really, ridiculously expensive.
- Young Thug is the best.
- Here's how all 32 NFL teams got their names.
- And finally, here's audio of David Bowie singing a cover of Simon & Garfunkle's "America" at the 9/11 benefit concert in New York City in 2001, a month after the terrorist attacks.