This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: Are Pokemon Go Haters Just Jerks Who Want Attention?
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- One writer theorizes that Pokemon Go haters may be jerks who just want to stand out against public perception.
- A former Warner Bros. employee (and self-professed "dork") wrote an open letter to her former employer, asking why Suicide Squad sucks so much.
- Thomas Gibson has been fired from Criminal Minds after he kicked one of the writers. Talk about creative differences.
- Eric Clapton knows how to do other things besides playing guitar. He can, for example, catch a 28-pound salmon in Iceland.
- Chinese Olympic swimmer Fu Yuanhui is teaching her countrymen that, sometimes, simply having fun will make you the coolest person in the room.
- Spy planes from the Cold War era are being used in the fight against ISIS.
- It's the weekend. Go home already: